Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Secret Name Of God

I know the secret name of God

It tells who God is
It helps me understand God and myself

It helps me to see the world with clearer eyes
It helps me to pray

It helps me to find myself when I am lost
It helps me to reconcile with others

It helps me to love
It fills my heart and soul

I overflow, I cannot contain it
It pours out of my mouth

Hold out a cup, cup your hands, open your mouth

Catch it

I can't hold it any longer

God's name is....




...Love
And God's name is Mercy
And God's name is Justice
And God's name is Prayer
And God's name is Sharing

God's name is Kindness
And God's name is Friend
And God's name is Strength
And God's name is Weakness
And God's name is Community

God's name is Peace
And God's name is Struggle
And God's name is Wisdom
And God's name is Much More than these words.

God's name is a road
A highway to the holy city
A secret that is meant to be shared:

It will fill you up
Now that you've got it,
Let it overflow on someone else!

No comments: