Saturday, May 12, 2007

Wonder


Sometimes I sit beneath the sky
On summer eves, and wonder why,
As stars and nebulae appear,
And swirl about -they look so near!

Comets, planets swimming by
Through interstellar soup they fly.
Their limpid light it twinkles so,
From far away and long ago.

And in this vastness, who am I?
On star-lit nights, I wonder, 'Why?'

The above post was featured on 'Best of the Jersey Blogs' this past Friday (Thanks Kelly from Jersey Blogs!) with the image of the above bit of marble carving, which I have happily appropriated for this entry. I wrote for info on the image, but have not recieved a response. Anyway, so with this additional bit of attention, I have bumped the post up. :)

Inspiring a similar sort of wonder:
Ancient Star Nearly as Old as the Universe
Top 10 Star Mysteries

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Wonderful writing! Thanks for sharing. Take care and I have subscribed to your RSS feed.

Sincerely,
Andrew

Locust-Eater said...

Glad you liked it, I dreamed a version of this poem last night, and this is what I managed to assemble out of what was left after I woke up. :)